IBS 19 -Fearless and Obedient

IBS 19 (Obedience)
Acts 5:29
But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men"
Breaking down this verse was such a radical blessing, because I was able catch a couple of things I didn't catch when I first looked over this section of Acts chapter 5. First, God freed the apostles and told them to go and teach in the temple. Though the apostles were just imprisoned for that exact offence; they obediently went to the temple and taught. What radical faith and obedience! On addition, the gaurds even feared using violence, because they didn't want to be stone by the people listening to the teachings. Another radical event that took place was that the council did not question the apostles for how they escaped the prison. But asked the apostles why they had been still teaching after being strictly commanded not to. Futhermore, going into saying that as apostles they obey God rather than men. There are two ways I'd like to relate this to my life. One, not to lose faith when someone doesn't spirital retain a message from God that I've shared with them. Two, to obey God when He tells me to go and teach it again, intead of being discouraged by men. For my application tonight and morning devotion I will read on retain a healthly understanding of romans chapter 13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient