IBS 5 - Ask God

Inductive Bible Study (IBS 5) WISDOM
James 1:5
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."
This verse and the verses that surround it reminds me of what I've been reading in the first two chapters of the book of Nehemiah. In the way that Nehemiah's patience for God to work in his desire to rebuild his people's city. Then the king gives Nehemiah the permission and support for rebuilding the city wall. Nehemiah prayed and still perpared the plans on for restoring the city. Even though he was not answered by God yet he used wisdom by still preparing for his prayers to come true. When God finally answered his prayers through the king, Nehemiah was ready. For me personally I know that when I lack in asking God for wisdom, seeking it myself and put God aside. Putting rubbish before God. With fear of God, He'll always be my main focus. Therefore, my application today will be to pray and ask for the wisdom needed in the moments that temptation comes near to entice my focus away from God and His plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient