IBS 6 - Our Sincere boast

Inductive Bible Study (IBS 6)
2 Corinthians 1:12
"For our boasting is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity and godly sincerity, not by earthy wisdom but by the grace of God, and supremely so towards you."
Paul is writing in his second letter to the Corinthians. In this section of scripture Paul is speaking for what the church is to boast for on the day of the Lord Jesus Christ, which boasting in each other's testimonies. As Christians we live freely! What I mean is life can be very confusing and complicated without God. Before surrendering to Jesus, life was never filled with a moment of simplicity. I was filled with the flesh and never sincere with myself. God wants to take all that away and have us rely completely on Him. By that His comfort will always be with us and He'll never leave us or forsake us. In applying this to my day, when I find myself in affliction, I will know not to try, but needing Him and giving all things to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient