Uganda IBS 15 - Discipline

Proverbs 3:7 "Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."

What this means is that we should find no confidence in the flesh through the knowledge of the world. As Christians we cannot not be influenced by wisdom from the world because it generally tells us that we don't need God or we don't always have to answer to Him. We end up being motivated by self causing us never to rely upon nor fear the Lord. When fearing the Lord we learn the wisdom of the Lord. Wisdom is what reproves us and brings discipline into our lives. If I were to choose never to listen to the Lord's reproof I'd be a fool leading to self-destruction. In Hebrews the scripture in chapter twelve tells us not to be weary when the Lord reproves us but to recognize that the Lord disciplines us because He loves us. A house without discipline is a house without love. Discipline allows us to have discernment and power to depart from evil. I pray that I may have discernment through the chastening of God and the insight to know His love is upon I whom He disciplines. I can apply this today by having a conversation about discipline with my team leader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient