IBS 1 -Let us cross with faith

IBS 1 (FAITH)
Luke 8:22-23
On a certain day Jesus gets into a boat with His disciples, "let us cross the lake" He says. They lauched out and Jesus falls asleep. A windstorm comes down on the lake, filling the boat with water; and putting them in jeopardy.
When Jesus called His disciples to cross the lake they launched without question. As a disciple you obey your Teacher and Master. If a storm should come, a perfect and correct disciple will keep his faith in His Masters judgement. The disicples did not keep faith during thier task of crossing the lake. With Jesus sleeping and a storm brewing, the disciples and their faith fell into a state of jeopardy. Jesus awakes from His sleep and rebukes the storm, but says to His disciples " where is your faith?". Taking the lesson out of this verse should mean applying faith into my life over fleshly and worldly insticts that easily sway me. By apply this verse to my life I listen to the spiritual calling of prayer over the next person God puts in my path. Whether I know this person or not I will not let my old masters sway me from what God has put on my heart and called me to do. Remaining in faith and standing firm in the glory of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient