IBS 20 - Death to the old man

IBS 20
Romans 6:16
Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or obedience leading to righteousness?
Death to my old man, no longer am I a slave to sin and the old masters I served. I am reborn in the spirit because of the blood of Jesus Christ. Under grace I am alive to God in Jesus Christ our Lord. Having been set free I am of obedience leading to righteousness. I am not set free to be my own master, only then to lead myself back to being a slave to sin. No, certainly not! I am a slave onto God, that which I do not deserve but I am received through Grace. I am blessed to have a Father and Lord that is Compassion. My bonds of sin are broken beacuse of  the God that shows Love, Mercy, and Grace. May it be that I contiune with being filled everyday afresh though the Holy Spirit to stand firm as a slave of righteousness. My application today will be to write a note that quotes " Death is to the old slave of Sin and Life is to the obedient slave of righteousness" then tape it above my bed. In order to be reminded of the obedience rightfully to begiven inturn for the grace God has showed on an undeserving sinner like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient