IBS 21 - One obedience

IBS 21 (Obedience)
Colossians 3:20
Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
Ephesians 6:1
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
The Lord commanded, thus it shall be done; obey your parents! I had to really dig deep for this one, I suppose God had His purpose with it being an IBS for me. There's two point of view's I captured from these two verses. First, though my parents have made many mistakes in thier own life and in their efforts of rising me; there was and still is one thing they always asked of me, which leads me to say they didn't fail. The one thing my parents always have asked of me was to Live for Christ. If there was one universal answer for life, it was God. Its hard to think of obeying parents that made the mistakes they did, but I can't say they ever wanted anything ungodly from me. Disobeying would be deny the fact that they only requested me to do the best for myself. This is one realization that is tough because of the amount of resentment I have with my parents, but it is undoubtably healthy. The Second, comes mainly from the Ephesians verse; where it says "parents in the lord". I'd like to think that means spirital parents, like a Pastor or teacher\RA. Obeying them will always bring me closer to God. For my application I will ask God for freedom from the resentfulness I have with my flesh parents. I will also forgive them and may I be reminded of that daily. In addition, I will improve my efforts to my class work, and obey more efficinatly in what is asked of me here; because I know it is in my own benefit and the will of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient