Uganda's Inductive Bible Studies - 2

IBS - Fear and Humility
(ESV) Proverbs 15:33 - The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor
Solomon writes in this short but meaningful proverb how important the fear of the Lord is to wisdom. The knowledge, the foundation around our spiritual wisdom, is the fear of the Lord. Without that fear of the Lord we have not the spiritual wisdom. Furthermore Solomon writes that as a servant to the Lord, we are servants to each other. As Christians we are called to surrender all in a life of humility and our heavenly Father will honor our faith. For my application today I will heed to reevaluate fear of my Lord to be sure it is healthy in every decision, and be not to search for honor in my eyes but humility toward my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient