Uganda's Inductive Bilble Studies -1

IBS - tranquil hearts (ESV)
Proverbs 14:30
A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

Solomon speaks of a heart that is undisturbed; one that is soft and of stillness. In which brings truth to the unrightousness in ourselves. Meaning that tranquility of the heart brings healing to the deadness of flesh. But envy only brings disadvantage to our life. We only become aware of what others advance and not our own. A unhealthy distraction from God, looking to the left and to the right, not focusing  upwardly. Bringing just the opposite of life upon ourselves, rottenness! Lord I pray that I can apply this proverb today by finding myself patiently waiting on You Lord undisturbed and with out envy; quite without expressing emotion of the soul. Let me find myself in Your spirit. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient