IBS 12 - Commitment or apostasy?

Commitment or apostasy?
Hebrews 6:12
"That you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises."
In the letter to the Hebrews we observe the author writting about apostasy in chapter 6. Which by definition, apostasy is the abandonment of a former loyalty. The message in this chapter is about staying true to your commitment to God. The full assurance of hope in better things. It's possible for people to fall away from God. It's better to mature as Christians then to allow doubt to bring us down, and then having to relay the foundation of repentance. Let us not bear worthlessness but usefulness. Confident of better things in salvation, through patience and faith. Amen. Before allowing faith to be weakened, hope to fade, love become forced, assurance be questioned. These things that have happened, even now. I will let go and let God. Giving my father a chance to speak to me through my leaders and ministry team. I will gather the hope in their eyes, the assurance in their efforts, and the faith in their patience. Applying this to my life today I will sit down and speak to a leader about apostasy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient