Uganda IBS 22

Psalms 144:1-15  Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
A psalm of David that starts with a very personal view of what God is to man. David praising God with "my" being used multiple times in the first couple of verses. Many are the things God is to man but what of man to God? David then heads in the reverse direction of what man is to God basically saying but a mere vapor, vanity. That it's such wonder how God involves himself with man. That not only does God look upon feeble mankind but is intimently concerned of each life, seeing all our problems and enemies. We are the creation of his hands, will God then let us be without His holy love? We need God! David crying out "deliver me" and "stretch out your hand". We still yet need God bottom line to save us from falsehood. Our relationship with Him is continuous. Just like David in verses 5-8 we should always be crying still I need you God! Additionally, just as David does in verses 9-11, we should be praising God for our deliverance from falsehood. That is because of our deliverance from falsehood the generation after us, our children, will also be delivered and protected. That our family will be established as a blessed and wealthy family living in joy.
God loved us first, and God is our first love and He is not done with us and will continue to love us and the after us. In applying this to my day I will sing in praise the song called "Lord I need you" and listening to the words I'll remember the words of David in palms 144.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

Uganda's Inductive Bilble Studies -1