Uganda IBS 19

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

In John's gospel during a supper Jesus speaks about the hour of His that has come, also of betrayal and denial from two disciples, and giving a new commandment. Just after saying those things He speaks these words "I am the way, the truth, and the life." which is a very important statement from the Son of God unto His disciples. Basically giving the map, the guide, and the key to His disciples. The map being that they know Jesus; the guide being Jesus his spirit with them, the key that in Christ's name we have life. This applies for us all!  We don't need to search any further than knowing Jesus, believing Jesus, living in Jesus. There is no other options to finding God the father "I am in the Father and the Father in me". All is in vain if not in Jesus. Further on He says "If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it" Jesus said "me" Him being both the Father and the son and The spirit. In applying this today I remind myself that knowing and believing Christ is that which sustains me; nothing beyond, and nothing below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

Uganda's Inductive Bilble Studies -1