Uganda IBS 7 - Not fear but power

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and self-control."
The second letter of Paul to Timothy, Paul is writting orders and instructions for Timothy. In this letter Paul is writing from Rome while in chains. Paul seemed to know that Timothy would soon be without his guidance. Paul actually writes "and the time of my departure has come" in the sixth verse of the fourth chapter. So it's quite clear Paul is preparing Timothy to take the new role has leader in ministry. 2 Timothy 1:7, talks about fear and a spirit God has given to us. When we live in ungodly fear, we miss out on the opportunities that God has for us. Through Christ Jesus we are given a spirit of power, love, and self-control. We must allow this spirit to help us guard what our Father has entrusted in us. The ministry he gives us for the furtherance of the Gospel and kingdom of God. I think this verse Paul wrote is so inspiring to the christian disciple. It tells us that we have the ability to fight the good fight without fear; but with power, love and self control. These attributes are so important for leadership roles in ministry. For my application today I will ask my brother to pray for me; to understand that I do not fight alone but with the Spirit and I should not fear anything against Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient