Uganda IBS 10 - Mind the Spirit

Romans 7:21
"So I find it be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand."
Romans 8:5
"For those who live according to the flesh, set their mind on things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit."

Paul in his well structure letter to the Romans is acknowledging the powerful techniques of sin. We have known sin through the law, but then become dead by sin, sin then is shown to be sin. Read (Romans 7:13). By reading this we can almost say sin's techniques are pre-destined for man's redemption. Through the law we acknowledge sin to be bad, and we find we are nothing of good since we do what is bad. We being sold under sin (Rom. 7:14) are in the flesh since after the fall of Adam. The law is holy, righteous and good but the law proves man to be sinful in the flesh. Therefore we cannot amount to the law, we desire to do what's right but only do what we hate. We are sinners who are being brought, through Christ and the law of the spirit, to freedom from condemnation, not by our own works.  Continually being filled with the spirit, being alive in the spirit from death in the flesh. When I set my mind on what's right my flesh wars against it. Forever sin will dwell in my flesh, but setting my mind on the spirit and not the flesh, I am set free. (see Rom.8:5) On this I consider not a once and done but a continuous fill of the spirit, like the pumping of blood to the heart. The question is whether you mind your God or your flesh? Mind what's right, the flesh wages war, but the spirit of life sets you free from  death. For my application today I will memorizing these verses I studied about because they are powerful weapons of spiritual warfare, and they win battles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uganda IBS 13 - Do we have Idols?

IBS 11 - Faith brings patience

IBS 10 - Joy in being patient